Friday, March 19, 2010

pregnancy update and gender poll!

It's been a while since I've updated, but things are going well. Itty Bitty continues to grow and so do I. I've been feeling well. I've had some sinus headaches, but other than that, I've felt really well. I'm drinking G2 like it's going out of style and eating more than I should be. I've transitioned into mostly maternity clothes, and more and more people are commenting on the fact that I'm showing. The baby is about 6 inches and 8.5 ounces, about the size of a mango! I've felt a few flutters here and there. One day at school, just before my 16 week appointment, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I wasn't nervous about anything, so I decided it must be my sweet baby! It was very exciting:) Since then, I've felt little things here and there. It's difficult to explain, but in the evenings, when I'm sitting still, sometimes I can tell someone is inside me:) Keith has been a sweet husband and daddy, taking good care of me and talking to our sweet baby (he or she can hear us now!!!). It is hard to believe that I'm almost half way through the pregnancy! It has been lots of fun and is going by quickly!

Keith and I are enjoying the last few months of our family of two and are having lots of fun dreaming together about Itty Bitty, talking about names, looking at cribs, and discussing our parenting ideas and techniques.

In just six days, we have a very special doctor's appointment. We get to have another ultrasound and find out what's inside of me...sugar, spice, and everything nice OR snakes, snails, and puppy dog tails. So far, most people have guessed girl, but a few have guessed boy. The Chinese birth calendar and the ring on a string both said girl. I've been thinking girl the whole time, but the last few days, I've kind of been thinking boy. Who knows? There is a poll on the upper right hand side of my blog. Vote and let me know if you think Itty Bitty is a he or a she. Leave a comment to let me know your prediction:) I'll let you know after our appointment on Thursday!

16 weeks

17 weeks
my first day to wear maternity jeans...they really made me show!

18 weeks
I didn't think you could tell as much in a dress, but several people at church commented on my growing belly at church that morning.

19 weeks
wearing the cute "due in august" shirt that jacquie made me:) i need to post a pic where you can actually see the shirt!

Our dear friends, the Graves, made the long journey to Tennessee to visit us this week. We had lots of fun with them. I'll post some pictures of our time together soon.

10 comments:

Emily said...

You look great Mindy!! Can't wait to hear what you are having!!! I will guess boy. The Chinese calendar was opposite for me!

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to feel the baby move! You are looking great and I can tell that you guys are enjoying this special pregnancy time! (I'm guessing it's a girl!)

Kelli said...

You are so cute! I am so thankful for this precious blessing. Can't wait to find out! I'm thinking girl, but I know that either way, y'all will be happy, and baby will be blessed!

Anonymous said...

So fun. I have that purple striped Old Navy shirt in your 18 wk pic. It's great! I wore it a lot this and often wore it to bed. I guessed Boy from the beginning and am sticking with that. The chinese calendar and ring on a string said boy for me and we're having a girl. Love your due date as I'm a litle crazy with numbers. Of course my birthday is 8/10 so that's a good day to. For me, I thought boy from the beginning then I just really felt girl right before the appt and was right...we really didn't have a preference as we had dreams for both but it is fun to know! Either way, you will have one blessed baby! ~ Renae Cates

Mary said...

I love the pictures, but I would like to see your sweet face connected to your body. I guess girl, I guess because my mama had girls, and I had girls!! Love you, Mama

The Petes said...

I voted "girl" because I have great faith in the Chinese Gender Predictor and because I think your stomach is more wide like you have a watermelon laid across it than it is sticking out like a basketball, which was the difference in the way I carried Emmy v. David. I look forward to my text and the shopping excursions to follow for Itty Bitty Clark.

Jacquie said...

You look adorable! It was fun shopping for all those maternity clothes!! I am guessing girl. I inadvertently kept saying "she" when we were talking about the baby last week, maybe it's a sign :)!

Unknown said...

girl! :-)

Kaye said...

I say girl but Hunter thinks twins!!

Tara said...

You are looking so cute! Isn't it so fun that you can feel the movements? It is the best feeling in the whole world!! Miss you.